The below information is a brief summary of customs regulations when you plan your international shipping to Somolia, Always double check with your local embassy or consulate to make sure you have all the information you need before you make your move. Contact the nearest Somolia Embassy.
When you plan your international shipping to Somolia, the following documents are required for customs clearance:
- Residence Visa
- Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
When shipping goods overseas to Somolia, the following items customs guidelines will need to be met:
- Personal effects usually duty-free
- Most shipments will be for USAID CONTRACTORS and U.S. EMBASSY – Local USAID office will assist with clearance
- USAID shipments normally duty-free
- U.S. Embassy telex and diplomatic pouch may be used to facilitate
When shipping goods overseas to Somolia, The following items are dutiable and/or restricted:
- All new items
When shipping goods overseas to Somolia, the following items are prohibited, but not limited to, from entry into the country:
- Drugs, weapons, ammunition
When shipping Motor Vehicles overseas to Somolia, the following documents and regulations will apply:
- Subject to normal Customs duties (diplomatic cars exempt)
If you are moving your household, commercial goods or motor vehicles to Mogadishu, Hargeysa, Berbera, Chisimayuor to another other city, please give us a call to go over any questions on documentation.
The regulations are subject to change without notice. Our company is not liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.