The below information is a brief summary of customs regulations when you plan your international shipping to Denmark. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate to make sure you have all the information you need before you make your move. Contact the nearest Denmark Embassy.

When you plan your international shipping to Denmark, The following documents are required for customs clearance:

  • Residence Visa
  • Residence Permit
  • Work Permit
  • Proof of Employment
  • Certificate of Residence Change
  • Danish Customs Form (G55) (to be obtained from Destination Agent)
  • Copy of Registration with the Danish National Register
  • Declaration of Free Entry (to be obtained from Destination Agent), listing alcohol and tobacco products and any autos or other vehicles being imported
  • Proof of Residence abroad for minimum 12 months (European Community countries six months)
  • Inventory

When shipping goods overseas to Denmark, The following items customs guidelines will need to be met:

  • Used household goods duty-free if:
    • Owner has resided abroad a minimum of 12 months (six months for EC countries)
    • Household goods have been used a minimum of six months (three months for EC countries)
    • Effects are for personal use and must not be lent or sold for a period of 12 months after arrival (deposit may be required)
  • Shipments must clear within 10 days of arrival to avoid storage charges
  • Shipment must arrive within one year of Customer

When shipping goods overseas to Denmark, The following items are dutiable and/or restricted:

  • All new items (less than six months old) require an invoice and Certificate of Origin
  • Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are highly taxed and strictly controlled (advisable not to include in household goods shipment)
  • Foodstuff

When shipping goods overseas to Denmark, The following items are prohibited from entry into the country:

  • Firearms, ammunition (Import License, obtained from Danish Ministry of Justice, and shooting permit required)
  • Narcotics
  • Live plants (unless license obtained from Danish Government Plant Protection Service based on Phytosanitary Certificate from authorities at origin that plants are free from disease)
  • Live, dead and pre-manufactured parts of animals mentioned in the “Washington Convention” (unless license obtained from Danish Nature Conservancy Board)
  • Medicine (unless license granted by Danish Ministry of Justice)

When shipping Motor Vehicles overseas to Denmark, The following documents and regulations will apply:

  • Cars, motorcycles and other vehicles may be duty-free if for private use only, if owned and registered abroad for a minimum of six months and if owner has resided outside of Denmark for a minimum of 12 months
  • Extremely high registration tax payable on all vehicles (100% – 200%)
  • Documents required:
    • Separate Danish Customs Form (G55)
    • Registration Certificate
    • Third party insurance (Green Card)

Moving Pets to Denmark: The following documents must be presented for the importation of pets:

  • Dogs and cats permitted with Health Certificate dated not more than one month before arrival and a Certificate of Rabies Inoculation dated 1-12 months before arrival

The regulations are subject to change without notice. Our company is not liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.